LOWER CLARENCE MUSIC EISTEDDFOD ASSOCIATION INC. COMMITTEE
President: Mr Doug Towner
Secretary: Ms Marilyn Donelan
Treasurer: Ms Joy de Roos
Vice-President : Ms Deborah Thomson
Mrs Belinda Flowers
Mrs Diana Gairns
Mr Warren Rackham
This is a group of volunteers who have been nominated and elected from the Association membership to form this managing body of our eisteddfod. Interested community members are always welcome to join the Association, please contact any of the Committee for information.
As an Incorporated Association under State Law we are governed by the relevant legislation.
1. To encourage and promote local and regional musicians, community organisations and individuals to participate in the performing arts with the aim of contributing to the musical and artistic life of the community.
2. To foster the development of self-esteem and confidence of our musicians by providing the opportunity to perform in a community setting and with an audience.
3. To provide a critique of the musicians’ performance as judged by a highly qualified adjudicator.
4. To provide a friendly and respectful competition where performers are able to learn from each other and the adjudicator.
5. To encourage learning and creative development of participants and audiences alike.
6. To develop skill in musical performance and a deepening of knowledge through musical awareness.
7. To provide a “focus” event for the Clarence Valley district and to promote the district beyond its boundaries